2014/03/28

How to wash and comb your wig!

Hello guys!

After summer when I lot of time were my long purple wig for Ririchiyo....the wig looked awfully.
So I started searching for some tutorials "how to wash wig". I found lot of them and most of them were same. I decided to write here my steps of washing and combing wig.

So here is my wig how it looked before:
 

I used: 
  • fabric softener
  • conditioner
  • tower
  • hair comb
  • hair brush
  • hair straightener/iron
The steps:
  1. I gently brush it before I put it on bath(tub). Just for loosing up the biggest tangles.
  2. Prepare the bath, run the water. Water shoudn't be too cold or too hot!!! Just lukewarm. I added the fabric softener (cup from fabric softener or two caps of this softener should be enough). 
  3. I put the wig into the water. I run fingers through the wig. Do not comb it!After this you can pull out the wig from bath. 
  4. Carefully dry your wig with the towel and put the wig on some straight place. I used ironing board.
  5. Take some mist blower and mix conditioner with water (lukewarm water!). 
  6. Devide/seperate the wig to strands. For the each strand use the mist blower with conditioner and comb it. I mostly used the comb than the brush. 
  7. When your wig is combed out, let it dry up (wait until it become dry).
  8. When the wig is almost dry prepare the hair iron and use it for each strand and comb it out again. 
  9. You should be finished! Congratulation! The wig should smell nicely and look better than before :)
If you have some question, feel free to write me :)

The wig after the washing and combing:




No comments:

Post a Comment